As news develops around the spread of Covid-19, vXtream is continuing to carefully monitor the situation. Our Information Security Management (ISM) team has a well-established Business Continuity Plan that has been put into place and there is currently no impact on our infrastructure, network, operations or supply chain.
- vXtream has an experienced Information Security Team that is monitoring and managing the situation as it evolves.
- vXtream operates to the ISO 27001:2013 standard where all identified critical business functions have proven business continuity plans which are reviewed, exercised and tested annually.
- vXtream has remote working capabilities for employees.
- vXtream is working closely with its critical supply chain to manage any potential impact.
We are following NHS guidelines on the matter, and our priority remains the safety of our colleagues, customers and partners.
Following the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) guidelines, vXtream has implemented the following measures at our Goswell Road HQ and data centre:
- Antibacterial liquids are available within our office and data centre.
- Additional cleaning of door handles, door push panels and security access devices.
- We ask all visitors to vXtream offices to follow UK NHS hygiene practises, advice & guidance, and to consider the need for face to face meetings.
- Staff Travel restrictions are in place for all high-risk countries
- Any customers or suppliers who have visited high-risk areas in the last 14 days are asked not to visit our offices or data centres. This includes:
- Mainland China
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Korea
- Tenerife – only the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Hotel
vXtream engineers are available to perform Intelligent Hands requests if required.
We will publish updates regularly, however, should you have any further questions, please contact your Account Manager.
London 09:00 06.03.2020