The following statement outlines the steps taken by our key supplier, Lumen, in response to changes in the geopolitical situation to ensure power resiliency in vXtream’s principal datacentre and Network Operations Centre (NOC).
Our Partner prioritises the reliability and durability of their infrastructure, including constant improvements and maintenance of their redundant power supplies. In the event of a power impacting incident, they have extensive response plans in place to prevent and reduce disruptions to their network. These plans are routinely rehearsed in a controlled environment and have also been exercised in real-time scenarios in the event that power grids are down for extended durations. In any power impacting incident, we and our Partner would work diligently to uphold SLAs and follow the comprehensive plans in place.
- A Critical infrastructure team dedicated to power and HVAC is in place.
- Site infrastructure is being hardened in preparation for their generators to run for longer periods with no dependence on commercial power.
- There is regular routine testing on all power infrastructure to test resilience.
- Generator fuel levels are regularly checked and increased to 100% capacity.
- As standard, a minimum 4-hour battery reserve is maintained.
- All power infrastructure is subject to scheduled maintenance in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- There is 24/7 access to mobile/temporary generators as required.
- There are arrangements in place with local, regional, and national fuel and generator vendors with 24/7 availability.
- As a critical infrastructure provider, our Partner works closely with the following UK government bodies which during a time of crisis can facilitate the prioritization of items such as generator fuel:
- UK Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
- Our Partner is an active member of the UK’s Electronic Communications Resilience & Response Group (EC-RRG).
We will publish updates regularly, however, should you have any further questions, please contact your Account Manager.